Your Trusted Pediatric Dentist in Prospect, KY
At William Kemper Pediatric Dentistry, we strive to provide a comfortable, relaxing, and stress-free dental experience for your child. From the bravest to the timid, we use positive reenforcement and engage your child in conversation to keep things fun and educational.
We’re About The Little People
William Kemper is a Pediatric Dentist who has been treating the smiles of children since 1986. With so much experience, it’s no wonder families come back for generations.
I have been taking my children to Dr. Kemper for 19 years. They are always kind, professional & efficient. The staff is caring and does a great job. My kids look forward to their dental appointments! Highly recommend this office!
I’ve been bringing my kids to Dr. Kemper for 16 years & have never been unhappy with the services. Everyone is professional, friendly & caring. I highly recommend this office to anyone looking for a pediatric dentist!
We love Dr. Kemper’s Dental practice. Our daughter has been going there for years . We tried three offices prior and none took the care of our special needs daughter like Dr. Kemper’s office!
While the idea of taking your child to the dentist can feel intimidating, it is important that they start healthy oral habits early in life.
At a pediatric dentist, care is taken to ensure that each child is comfortable and ready for their visit.
No matter what they need, the services provided are custom for children and ensure that they enjoy their visit in Prospect, KY.
Pediatric Dental Treatments
There are many treatments available to fit the needs of each child in Prospect, KY.
- Dental Checkups – During dental checkups, our primary aim is to examine the overall oral health of your kid. We focus on several areas such as cavities, oral hygiene, proper tooth alignment, and diet. After each check-up, we give you advice and additional steps you need to take in order to improve your child’s oral health and hygiene.
- Restorative Dentistry – Children need healthy teeth, but they also deserve a nice smile. Our goal is to provide you with both. With our restorative dentistry treatments, such as bridges, fillings, crowns, cavity repair, and similar practices.
- Sedation Dentistry – We take into account that children might get anxious and nervous during their visit to the dentist. Therefore, we offer conscious oral sedation that will make your child calmer during any kind of dental procedure they might need. In addition, we can also offer nitrous oxide that will put your kid at ease and make them feel safe.
- Emergency Dentist – Accidents happen to children all the time, so you might be faced with your child having a broken or loose tooth due to some kind of injury. If an emergency happens, you should call our office immediately, and Dr. Kemper will examine the case, and provide you with the necessary steps.
- Oral Surgery – Dr. Kemper in Prospect, KY is experienced in conducting oral surgeries when needed. Oral surgery might include tongue clips and tooth extractions. If your child needs this kind of treatment, Dr. Kemper will explain the whole procedure, so you will know that your child is safe and in good hands.
- Orthodontics – Our pediatric dentistry services in Prospect, KY include orthodontics as well. We work with braces, so we can make sure that your kid has a beautiful smile. When your child reaches adolescence, we can ensure that they obtain nice and straight teeth with traditional braces.
3 Signs Your Kid Needs to See a Pediatric Dentist
It is important not to ignore any signs that may indicate it is time to see the dentist.
1. Delayed Teething – When a child experiences delayed teething, it is necessary to get an appointment in a pediatric dentistry office. The development of a child’s jaw and teeth is crucial to them consuming solid food. Timely teething is also necessary to ensure appropriate speech development.
2. Tooth Decay – It is necessary to maintain good care of the milk teeth, even though they are later replaced by permanent ones. Children have a higher tendency to experience tooth decay than adults, which can lead to the appearance of bacteria and severe toothaches. This generally happens because children are prone to eating sticky and sweet food. However, it can also occur when children do not maintain regular hygiene of their teeth.
3. Misaligned Teeth – A misaligned tooth is a condition that is often seen in pediatric dentistry offices. Teeth misalignment occurs when the lower and upper jaws cannot meet, leading to possible difficulties when speaking or eating. Additionally, misalignment of teeth can cause pain and injuries to the gums, tongue, and insides of the mouth.
Benefits of Pediatric Dental Treatments
There are many benefits to a pediatric dentist, both for you and the child.
- A Calmer Child – Going to the dentist can be stressful for many children. They might feel nervous or anxious before their visit, especially because they do not know what will happen during the dental appointment. However, pediatric dentistry offers specialized dentists that know how to approach kids and make them feel more relaxed. Pediatric dentists ensure that their patients feel comfortable before beginning the examination of their teeth. That is why children are usually happier visiting these types of dentists.
- Deeper Knowledge Oral Hygiene And Habits – Many children develop the habit of teeth grinding or thumb sucking which may lead to oral consequences later in life. Pediatric dentists are familiarized with habits like these, so they can easily recognize them and suggest creative solutions to get rid of them.
- Specialized Pediatric Dental Practice – Pediatric dentists have gained specialized knowledge in working with children’s teeth and jaws. Due to this, they can provide more effective treatments and safer practices. They are also aware of children’s fears and discomfort during dental appointments, so they can make them feel more relaxed.
- Knowledge Of Children’s Changes During Growth – Since pediatric dentists understand the changes that happen during a child’s growth, they can provide safer and more effective solutions. These changes happen quickly, but a pediatric dentist can recognize them and determine the best course of action in a specific situation. They can ensure that your child has healthy teeth and a nice smile during all stages of childhood.
Healthy Teeth Are Happy Teeth
It is important to start healthy oral habits early in childhood to ensure that the habits will continue into adulthood. Pediatric dentistry is a safe and comforting way to introduce your child to their new habits. A pediatric dentist will ensure that your child has everything they need for their oral hygiene in Prospect, KY.
At Kemper, we present an unmatched experience and an all-in-one office that allows us to provide services in the Prospect, KY area. Call us today to start your pediatric dentistry journey.